Thông tin: Đây chỉ là nơi lưu dữ liệu cũ. Thao thác đăng nhập đã bị khóa. Vui lòng truy cập trang mới tại địa chỉ https://vinabb.vn/.

Recommendation - separate database for KTVM Portal

General discussion about phpBB3 and all its related things: MODs, styles, translations...
Trả lời
digital_dude
Đang tập cài phpBB
Đang tập cài phpBB
Bài viết: 2
Ngày tham gia: 09 Th.4 2008, 22:20
Giới tính: Nam
Tên thật: Jay

Recommendation - separate database for KTVM Portal

Bài viết bởi digital_dude » 09 Th.4 2008, 22:30

Hi Nedka and VinaBB team,

The KTVM Portal is a very nice portal ... hats off to VinaBB for your excellent work on it and for sharing it with the rest of us!

One of the only concerns I have is that it adds new tables and records to the phpBB database. While this is OK, wouldn't a better design be to have a separate database for KTVM Portal?

Maybe for future releases you can have the install script use a separate (user created) database just for KTVM Portal instead of adding new tables to the phpBB database.... maybe just have the forum administrator specify the database name, database username, database password somewhere in the KTVM Portal install script and then store this information in a configuration file?

Thanks and take care!
Hình đại diện
ngoctram
Nhóm hỗ trợ
Nhóm hỗ trợ
Bài viết: 144
Ngày tham gia: 17 Th.6 2007, 12:32
Giới tính: Nữ
Tên thật: Võ Ngọc Trâm
Nơi ở: Kitty Corporation

Re: Recommendation - separate database for KTVM Portal

Bài viết bởi ngoctram » 16 Th.4 2008, 21:06

Thanks for your recommendation :B
Hình đại diện
Yukan
Đã làm quen với phpBB
Đã làm quen với phpBB
Bài viết: 35
Ngày tham gia: 06 Th.4 2008, 00:27
Giới tính: Nam
Tên thật: Richard

Re: Recommendation - separate database for KTVM Portal

Bài viết bởi Yukan » 18 Th.4 2008, 09:52

That would be a nightmare to code. Plus it'd be very difficult to integrate the portal login with the phpBB3.
I think it should stay with the forum's database so it doesn't take as many database queries. You'll eat up
more bandwidth with multiple databases. While I see your point, it's not always the best idea. But that's why
I'm not a support team member and my opinion can be out-spoken. ;P
Trả lời

Đang trực tuyến

Đang xem chuyên mục: 0 thành viên và 1 khách